Last week we let you know that we are entertaining an idea that would change the membership requirements to include Villages residents who are not residents of the Village of Belvedere.
Too view some of the comments we have received to date click on the “Documents” link under “Pages” in the right margin.
If you would like a copy of the by-laws, you can get it in a variety of formats using the “Club By-laws” link under “Pages” in the right margin.
Don’t forget, we will be having an open discussion of this idea at our Meeting on May 10th at Laurel Manor to get your input.
If you will not be attending the meeting or you want to comment beforehand, you can contact the President, Jaye Wolfe by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your thoughtful input,
We have been assigned a reporter to The Village of Belvedere. Her name is Valentina Bore. Her email address is Valentina.Bore@thevillagesmedia.com
Anyone in the Village of Belvedere can submit a story to her. It is not necessary to write the story in final form. It fact she suggests that you don’t. Part of Valentina job is to edit the story and put it in a structure and format that is used by the printer. So it is best just to bullet the facts of your story.
Here are some examples of stories that may be interesting to her readers:
- Were there special circumstances that caused you to move to The Villages?
- Is someone special from your past you were able to connect with?
- Do you have an interesting hobby or collection?
- Have you achieved something special or done something fun lately?
These are only a few examples of what you may submit. Use your imagination. Give enough details in brief so Valentina can know what the story is about.
If you have a question whether the submission is complete enough, submit your brief to Catherine Tarquini, the Belvedere Social Club Media person. She’ll take a quick look at it for you. Her email is Catherine.Tarquini@gmail.com
We’ve added John Blamphin’s phone number and email address to the Board Page.
You can see the Board page by clicking the “Board” link in the sidebar under “Pages” or by clicking the “Board” link just below the header on the right side of the column.
Our Annual Trivia Night
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Ticket $5/member—– $6/guest with member
- As many of you know you do not have to be a trivia expert and there will be cash prizes for the winning tables.
- Assigning tables of 8 only (to keep the game fair). If you have a group please provide names at the time of purchasing tickets, if not we will assign you to a table.
- Please bring a snack for eight to share at your table- BYOB. The club will provide lemonade, decaf coffee and iced tea.
- Also at this social we will be collecting any new, unwrapped Toys for Tots. If you are bringing a toy please place your item in the boxes provided in our meeting room….. not in the lobby.
Don’t forget, we will have election of club officers at this event.
Tickets sold until Saturday November 1 or sold out.
I will be selling Holiday party tickets at our November social. Please let me know if you would like to pick yours up.
If you make out a check … make it to BSC $20.00/person
To reserve tickets or get questions answered to either event contact
Joanne 259-8838 or serveNvolly@yahoo.com
The event for March will be our annual horse race “Talk Derby to Me” social. March 13th 6-8:30pm at Laurel Manor. Tickets are $1/member and $2/guest with visitor’s pass. The price of the ticket includes your racing form to be picked up the night of the race.
Horse bucks will be available at $1 for each race. Please bring small bills.
Bring a snack for eight to share at your table. Coffee, lemonade, decaf coffee and ice water provided. BYOB.
Tables are reserved and tickets will be sold until March 1 or sold out. If purchasing for a group please provide their names. You do not need a group to attend as we will place you.
To reserve your space contact Joanne at 259-8838 or email.